Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pawn Reflection

"Pawn Reflection" San Francisco 2010

This was taken on Mission Street in San Francisco. I love the character of the Mission District - it feels old and vintage - like you are walking the streets of a different era. I felt that this shot captured that feeling a bit and, at the same time, is a bit of a sign of the times. The storefront with its tiled shadowy entryway and the diagonal line created by the angle of the sidewalk make a nice backdrop to the woman gazing at pawned jewelry in the window. I really love the tone of the image as well. It feels like there is a longing there that also feels a little sad and a little lonely to me.

3 comments:

BMP2CPM said...

Great photo!

Cathi Bouzide said...

Julie,
I like the design of the page along with the classic lights and darks. Longing=Yes.

Pam Murphy said...

Julie, I like this photo. I wonder if she is looking to buy something inside or looking at something that once belonged to her.